MinusOneMoose has the philosophy that our content is meant to be seen and enjoyed by as many people as possible. Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs and effort that go into creating and sharing our content with the desire to provide enjoyment and inspiration through our content on the internet and around the world.
MinusOneMoose allows use of our original content as follows:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the content
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the content
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to MinusOneMoose must be made along with the content.
- Non-Commercial: The content must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing how to peel a banana using a turtle.
- Online article discussing grumpy cats with moustaches.
- A website for a school project.
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for your computer monitor.
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of content online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the context in which the content is used NOT on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our content is allowed only if expressly granted by MinusOneMoose. Where appropriate this may incur a fee, but usually a nice email is sufficient.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: MinusOneMoose[at]gmail.com
(for those not down with anti-spam-bot lingo, replace “[at]” with “@“)
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity.
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity.
- A background image for a website.
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home.
- If you aren’t a complete internet dickhead, you are most likely fine!
- If you are unsure about anything, just drop us a line and we will help you out.